We are adding Partner pages for Ancestry, MyHeritage, and Findmypast to the website for The Family History Guide. The new pages are in Beta stage, currently under construction.
The Beta period starts August 10 and will run approximately through Nov. 10, 2017. During this time, please take the opportunity to browse the new pages and get familiar with the new content and features.
The Family History Guide has provided a world-class learning environment for FamilySearch users since 2015. To reach our mission of involving more people worldwide in family history, we are taking the next step—sharing the new Partner pages for learning Ancestry, MyHeritage, and Findmypast. These pages are free to use, like the FamilySearch pages.
Here are some of the main features to look for - others may be added going forward:
- Learning path. From the Home page, you can choose a Learning Path to select Partner pages. The Partner pages are focused on Projects, so there is a Family Tree Project for each Partner, etc. The non-Project pages (Introduction, Media, etc.) do not have Partner versions.
- Revised menus. You can also select Partner pages from the menus at the top of each page: FS=FamilySearch, AN=Ancestry. MH=MyHeritage, and FMP=Findmypast. The current Learning Path is shown at the top, in bold.
- Projects, Goals, and Choices. The new Partner pages are built on the familiar learning foundation of Projects, Goals, Choices, and Steps. A few features, such as Exercises, Summaries, and Tracker sheets, will be added during the Beta.
We value your feedback during the Beta schedule. You can use the Content Review form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are examples of the type of feedback we are looking for:
- Usability—Are the Partner pages easy to navigate and well-integrated into the main website? What would make it easier? Are the site features easy to find and use?
- Design—Is the look and feel attractive, or does it need improvement? Do elements seem consistent from page to page?
- Accuracy—Do the finished pages work properly? Are there mistakes or broken links? (Unfinished areas in the Partner pages are marked by "TBD" indicators.)