You can present The Family History Guide in a group setting. This can provide a good introduction to the website, and it does not require the attendees to access computers or the Internet.
Note: Although many training approaches rely on slide decks and instructor-prepared handouts, training with The Family History Guide relies on the website itself. Preparing detailed slides and handouts for training with The Family History Guide is not recommended. Instead, you should use the website demo described below, with its associated handout. The overivew slide deck we recommend is described below.
- Introduction to The Family History Guide—You can show the website for The Family History Guide, using a computer and projection system, or a computer monitor for a smaller group. The demonstration typically lasts from 50-60 minutes.
40 Things to See and Show—Use this handout to help you present the Introduction to The Family History Guide demo. The handout is arranged by website sections so you can move through the menus in order as you demonstrate how the website works and what its benefits are. The Word doc also has comments that provide you with extra talking points as you present. Attendees can follow along in the handout as you show the website.
- 40 Things to See and Show, for Attendees—You can print this handout for attendees, so they can follow along in the handout as you show the website. They can also use it to guide their own study of the website after the presentation.
- Training with The Family History Guide—If attendees are interested in the Training section of The Family History Guide, you can guide them through that section of the website. The demonstration typically lasts from 45-50 minutes.
15 Training Items to See in The Family History Guide—Use this handout to help you present the Training section of The Family History Guide. Attendees can follow along in the handout as you show the Training section of the website.
The Presentation Slides are designed to give an overview of The Family History Guide. This information can be useful for those interested in the background and purposes of The Family History Guide, including potential decision makers for support and training efforts. This presentation typically lasts from 15-20 minutes.
Videos and Brochures
You can use the following videos to show attendees highlights of The Family History Guide.
- Quick Tour Video—This video is about 6 minutes long and shows how to briefly navigate the website for The Family History Guide.
- The Family History Guide in Motion—This video is 6 minutes long and is a good warmup for a presentation on The Family History Guide.
Click here for information on brochures.
There are many additional presentations and courses you can offer on The Family History Guide.
See the Course Catalog for specifics.