The Online Tracker is a secure online database where you can record your learning progress in The Family History Guide. It requires a free account and login.
A Account and Login
- In the Tracker menu, select Online Tracker.
- If you have an Online Tracker account, type your username and password and click Login; then skip to Choice B below. If you do not have an account, click the Register link.
- Fill in the fields—username, email address, password, and retype password—and click Register.
- In the Login screen, type your username or email, and then your password.
- Click Login.
- To log out of the Online Tracker, click the Logout button at the bottom of the page.
B Adding and Changing Information
- In the Online Project Tracker screen, click a Project or Country link.
- In the Tracker page, find a Choice in the list that you've been working on in The Family History Guide.
- In the Notes box, type notes about what you have learned.
- To change your skill or learning level for the Choice, move the slider bar. The options are Not Started, Started, Good, and Proficient. For information about the Good and Proficient levels, go to the Project and Choice and click the Exercises link.
- If you have Java installed on your device, your changes are saved to the database as soon as you record them. To see the results of your changes, including the Date of update, move to another screen in the Online Tracker and return to the one with your changes.
- If you do not have Java installed, click the Save Project button at the end of the page to save changes.
- To return to the Login page, click My Account (green menu bar).
- To return to the main Tracker page, click Tracker Home.
D Managing Your Account
To reset your password for the Online Tracker,
- In the Login page, click the "Reset it" link (next to "Forgot your password?").
- In the Reset Password screen, type your email address and click Send Recovery Email. You will receive an email with the instructions to follow for the password reset.
QUIKLinks are links that help you get to record searches faster and easier.
A QUIKLinks for Countries
- In various country pages, click QUIKLinks (just below the large picture at the top). You'll see the QUIKLinks at the bottom of the page; they may be divided into sections for FamilySearch, Ancestry, etc.
- Click a date link to go directly to the search page for that record collection.
B QUIKLinks for U.S. State Pages
- Click a U.S. state page (near the top of the United States country page).
- Records—In the QUIKLinks (just below the large picture at the top), click one of the Records QUIKLinks (FamilySearch, Ancestry, Findmypast, MyHeritage, or More (LDSGenealogycom)). You'll go directly to the search page for that record collection.
- Websites—In the QUIKLinks (just below the large picture at the top), click one of the Website QUIKLinks (FamilySearch Wiki, Ancestry Wiki, Kindred Trails, US Genweb, or GenealogyLinks). You'll go directly to that website, which contains helpful links for research in the selected state.
C About Record Collections
- To see the records in the search screens you are usinig, you need to be logged in to that website.
- Record collections that exist on multiple websites do not have duplicate links in the left pane. For example, if a Record Collection exists in all four sites, it is only linked in the first area - FamilySearch.
- If one of the major websites is missing from the left pane, it's because it does not have enough non-duplicate Record Collections to be generally useful.
- Usually, record collections with fewer than 100,000 records are omitted from the QUIKLinks list. You can still find these collections on the corresponding website, including records by province, state, diocese, etc.