Goal 1: Choose a Findmypast account and start your tree.
Note : If you would like to begin a free 14-day trial for Findmypast, skip ahead to Goal 2 below. If you have a GEDCOM file to populate your tree, skip ahead to Choice B below. If you are setting up an LDS Partner account, skip ahead to Choice D below.
A Create a free Findmypast account and start your family tree.
- On the Findmypast home page, click Family tree and select Create a tree.
- Fill in your name and birth information and click Start your tree.
- Fill in the email address, create a password and confirm it, and click Take me to my tree.
Note : Based on the information you supplied in Choice A, Findmypast may be able to fill out one or more generations in your tree for you. In that case you can skip ahead to Goal 2 below.
- If no ancestors appear for you in the Family View screen, click the tile with your name in it and add more information, if possible, so Findmypast can find records for your tree.
- To see tips for getting started, find the "Welcome to your family tree" banner at the bottom of the page, and click the right arrow.
- For more information, click Help (top menu) and select Getting started.
- When you are ready to add people to your tree, go to Project 2: Family Tree in The Family History Guide.
B Use an existing GEDCOM file to populate your tree.
C Create a free LDS Partner account.
- Go to the Partner Access page on FamilySearch.
- Click Join for Free below the Findmypast logo.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- Click "Create Your Free findmypast Account".
- In the Account Creation page, fill out fields (including email and password) and click Register.